P6 EPPM provides the most powerful, robust, and easy-to-use solution for globally prioritizing, planning, managing, and executing projects, programs, and portfolios in asset-intensive industries.
In my opinion, these are some of the differences in the web…
- It’s a web-based application so you’ll need good connectivity.
Use of web-based tools and the administration of users and access.
- You can use resource analysis, portfolios with interactive portlets, and other areas to graph/chart project details and resource usage.
- Timekeeper approval interfaced with team member.
- May be more difficult for long time client users to get used to as the UI is web-based, but it does mimic the client and you can do the same types of things as far as updating projects.
P6 Professional is a comprehensive, multi-project planning and control software, built on Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server relational databases for enterprise-wide project management scalability. It can stand alone for project and resource management, and it enables your organization to store and manage its projects in a central location. The module supports work breakdown structures (WBS), organizational breakdown structures (OBS), user-defined fields and codes, critical-path-method (CPM) scheduling, and resource leveling.
In my opinion, these are some of the differences in the P6 Pro…
- It’s locally installed on a user’s terminal and connects to the cloud database.
- You will need good connectivity unless you are using the offline mode.
- Long time schedulers are more familiar with the look and feel of the professional as it has not had many aesthetic changes over the years.
- Connects via Secure Global Desktop (SGD). I can provide you with more information.
Post a Comment