In this Document
|Oracle Confidential INTERNAL - Do not distribute to customer (OracleConfidential).|
Reason: km issue
Created from SR 3-16914810421[This section is not visible to customers.]
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 18.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When user is attempting to log into P6 Professional, the following error is received:
Unable to connect to the database. Please run the database configuration tool or contact your administrator.
The user is unable to access P6 Professional, but, is able to log into P6Web.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Launch P6 Professional.
2. Enter login credentials.
3. Observe connection is not made - error is returned.
This is caused by a defect in P6 EPPM.
A defect in the POPULATE_UACCESS stored procedure causes it to create 2 UACCESS records for the same proj_id which can result in a a unique constraint violation during login to P6 Professional by a non-admin superuser. This was determined through the following bug request - Bug 27683951 - P6 PROFESSIONAL LOGIN ERROR "UNABLE TO CONNECT - PLEASE RUN THE DATABASE CONFIG"
This issue has been resolved, and the fix has been included as of release 18.4. The latest patchset can be downloaded from:
- What Are The Latest Patch Sets For Primavera P6 Release 18 (Both PPM and EPPM Releases)?(Doc ID 2449247.1)
To implement the solution, please execute the following steps:
- Download and review the README documentation and prerequisites for the Patch Set.
- Ensure that you have taken a backup of your system before applying the recommended Patch Set.
- Apply the Patch Set in a test environment.
- Retest the issue.
- Implement the solution as appropriate on other environments.
Cloud Hosted Customers
- Enter an SR for the appropriate Solution and reference this KM as a solution to the issue.
- Work with Support to apply patch or upgrade account.
- After notification that upgrade, or patch install is complete, have users ensure the patch resolves the issue.
- Approve closure of SR when the fix has been applied and verified.
To workaround this defect (until P6 can be upgraded):
- Recreate the populate_uaccess stored procedure to prevent more than one proj_id row being created in the UACCESS table.
- Remove any potential duplicate rows created in the OBSPROJ table as a result of the UACCESS stored procedure.
For low level steps to implement the workaround:
- Download the following script for an updated copy of the populate_uaccess stored procedure (with fix): populate_uaccess_fix.sql
- Connect to the database as the schema owner (by default, ADMUSER)
- Execute the script to recreate the stored procedure. Note, this script can be run against any 18.x, 17.x, 16.x, 15.x, or 8.4 database
- Rebuild the OBSPROJ table by completing steps outlined in the following knowledge base document - Doc id 908570.1 - How to rebuild the obsproj table
Note: There is a 2nd article that ALSO must be run. It contains a script by the same name (populate_uaccess_fix.sql) that should be run. Run the populate_uaccess_fix.sql from this article, followed by the populate_access_fix.sql from Doc id 2452802.1.
After both scripts have been run, rebuild the obsproj table.
Refer to the attachment in Error 'Unable to connect to the database. Please run the database configuration tool or contact your administrator' When Logging into P6 Professional (Doc ID 2452802.1)
Post a Comment