Symptoms: When attempting to log into P6 Professional, the following error occurs.
Error: Exception Exception in module PM.EXE at 000000000118614B. GET_SAFETY_DATE -54: ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified or timeout expired".
Cause: A bug in the GET_SAFETY_DATE PACKAGE causes error
"Exception Exception in module PM.EXE at 000000000118614B. GET_SAFETY_DATE -54: ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified or timeout expired" to occur.
SolutionThis issue has been resolved, and the fix has been included as part of the following patch sets:
- Primavera P6 Project and Portfolio Management (EPPM and PPM) release 19.12.2
- Primavera P6 Project and Portfolio Management (EPPM and PPM) release 20.3 (Cloud-hosted customers)
- What are the Latest Patch Sets for Primavera P6 Release 19 (Both PPM and EPPM Releases)? (Doc ID 2629038.1)
- Download and review the README documentation and pre-requisites for the Patch Set.
- Ensure that you have taken a backup of your system before applying the recommended Patch Set.
- Apply the Patch Set in a test environment.
- Re-test the issue.
- Implement the solution as appropriate in other environments.
- Enter an SR for the appropriate Solution and reference this KM as a solution to the issue.
- Work with Support to apply the workaround (or patch when available).
- Approve closure of SR when the fix has been applied and verified.
This workaround is appropriate for other releases of P6 or when it is not yet possible to apply the patchset.
- Download script (adjusted2.sql) from this article.
- Run adjusted.sql script as the "admuser" (Oracle database) to re-create the package..
- Use SQLPLUS or SQLDeveloper
- Connect as the admuser.
- Run the adjusted2.sql script.