Suggested changing duration types to Fixed Duration & units, removing constraints that are before or after start dates, checking for predecessor finish dates that are after the finish dates of the activity, not manually scheduling as using wrong dates will skew metrics and sometimes cannot get project back to original form, using durations (days) instead of setting dates to calculate durations, making sure activities are in sequence if using start/finish/WBS Summary.
At some point, either through scheduling or using an old project schedule, it looks like the late start and finish dates are in 2010. There’s a number of ways that this could’ve happened, none of which I can actually see from this end. If you can try and recall what may have happened, that may help with figuring out if the problem can be corrected. In the meantime, I will see if it’s possible to reset the late start and finish dates.
Late Start The latest possible date the remaining work for the activity must begin without delaying the project finish date. This date is calculated by the project scheduler based on activity relationships, schedule constraints, and resource availability. The Late Start equals the Remaining Late Start unless you preserve the scheduled late dates during leveling.
Late Finish The latest possible date the activity must finish without delaying the project finish date. This date is calculated by the project scheduler based on activity relationships, schedule constraints, and resource availability. The Late Finish equals the Remaining Late Finish unless you preserve the scheduled late dates during leveling.
After some discussion with Oracle Support and viewing some other things on the project, we figured out where the 2010 date was at. Looks like it was on a few constraints and when scheduled, will throw everything out of wack. It’s a moot point now that you’ve created a new project shell. Something to think about. Here is an example of what we found. The primary constraint shows as 28-DEC-10.
Post a Comment